Monday, March 22, 2010

March madness

It's been awhile.


Turnips
So, a lot of the turnips got really leggy, then fell over and died.
We acquired a giant fluorescent light right before that happened, but that did not save them. Alas, there are maybe 3-4 of them left that are soldiering on. Go turnips!

Lettuce
A few of the lettuces succumbed to the same fate as the turnips, but some have grown huge third leaves. Very good, guys. I thinned them out, and there is one little pot with 4 plants growing that all have third leaves! It would break my heart to have to further thin them out.

Basil
The basil is growing at a rapid pace! I seriously need to thin that shizz. Some of it is purple, and some of it is green. Very exciting!

Tomatoes
Lots of these little guys have sprouted. Some of them are having a tough time shedding their seed. Should I help them? I don't know.

Cucumbers
These guys are beasts! The prettiest of them all unfortunately fell over. Hopefully he'll come back.

Other things
Not much going on with the other guys. Pictures to come soon...

2 comments:

  1. What the heck happened to this saga?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't know anyone was following it. Some turnips grew, one little lettuce plant did, and I got some tomato transplants from the farmer's market and got a bunch of tomatoes from them. However, I'm going to try harder this year and hopefully actually plant stuff in the ground (or a raised bed, rather, to avoid toxicity).

    ReplyDelete