Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Seedlings ahoy

My seedlings have sprung.
Last Tuesday I started romaine, green leaf, red leaf, thyme, basil, lavender, jalapenos and sweet peppers. So far, romaine, green leaf, red leaf, thyme, basil and lavender have germinated. Exciting times! I think this Johnny's Seed Starter is super.
This Sunday I started broccoli and cherry tomatoes, and I think I spotted some broccoli that had already germinated this morning!
Everyone is under the big light that we installed last year. They seem to be doing well, although I think I saw some lettuce that was suffering from "damping off". Will investigate tonight.
Anxious to see if the peppers will germinate, too, as the seeds were from 2 years ago. Doubtful, but I'm hoping.

Also, I'm hoping to get at least the wood for the raised bed this weekend. I contacted my landlord and asked her if she's going to build this year, and, naturally, she still hasn't responded. I might just go ahead and build it on that land anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment